Monday, April 11, 2011

Design Museum


Best Architecture Design: 
Balancing Barn

I would hang out under my house every single day. I would have bbqs, keggers, maybe throw a pool. Anything. Its so incredible to look at, I would love to live in this place. 

Best Furniture Design:
Intimate Rider

This is for people with little or no lower body mobility to have sex more effectively. While it is technically a product, I would put this in my living room; two people on the bench, one on the chair. Maximum seating. It serves as furniture and a great product.

Best Transport Design:
EN-V Transport

We're close. We're real close.

Best Graphic Design:
Homemade is Best App

I thought the app was incredibly clear and simply. It was user-friendly which is the most important thing to do when designing an app. It made me want to buy it and learn how to cook.


I was fairly underwhelmed in the Wim Crouwel exhibit. I understand he is a very famous designer, and looking at certain posters I can tell he was a big influence on the way things are designed today. The phonebook sticks out to me as an important part of his collection and vision. It's a simple decision to make the phonebook lowercase, but it allows for more names on one page. It is a financially and environmentally effective design. However, I was bored looking at posters. I didn't see traces of other artists, but I accept the fact that I dont know enough about poster design to grasp the full effect. 



No comments:

Post a Comment