Sunday, April 3, 2011

Street Art In London

I wanted to find really great street art, but in very posh areas like West Kensington and Notting Hill, it's nearly impossible. But here we go.


I think this is more vandalism than street art. I found it on the side of a restaurant on Kensington Church Street. Things like this don't give street art a good reputation. It just looks ugly and draws poor attention to the wall.


This was in front of Abbey Road Studios. Yea. On a wall filled with people signing their names and writing Beatles lyrics, this wonderful piece of work ruins everything. It's like Yoko. I was not happy when I saw this.



The sticker looking thing on the left is actually painted on, even though it looks like a sticker. I thought this was kind of cool. It has some profanity in it, but it is somewhat "defacing" an important city object. It was small but symbolic, especially being in a posh area.


On the wall next to a book store in Notting Hill. It is simple and fantastic. It doesnt even need to mean much, but its incredibly cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment